One of the East Midlands leading multi-service law firms has an opening within their dedicated and dynamic family department based in the heart of Nottingham for an ambitious paralegal or legal assistant.
You'll be joining an award winning team where you'll support the fee earners and solicitors on an array of family law and child law matters. You'll be heavily involved in each matter from instruction through to completion.
Your new role:
- Providing full legal assistant/paralegal support to the fee earners within the family team including undertaking legal research
- Liaising with clients including answering client calls, responding to queries, and providing updates while ensuring a high level of client care
- Maintaining case files
- Organising and conducting meetings
- Preparing draft documents to include Letters of Claim and instructions to Counsel
- Attending Court and assisting counsel as and when necessary
- Dealing with financial aspects of matters to include time recording, legal aid applications and billing.
- Assist and participate with training initiatives taken by the firm
You'll ideally have previous family law experience gained working within a reputable family law team and have had exposure to a variety of family matters including publicly funded (legal aid) files.
On offer is a competitive salary in line with your previous experience and full company benefits.
If you're a family paralegal or legal assistant in Nottingham looking to join a modern and forward thinking family department please apply today or contact Izzie Vaughan at G2 Legal.
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Izzie Vaughan at G2 Legal on 0121 609 1069 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.
PQE, years of experience and salary levels are shown purely as a guide. We will consider applications from candidates that can demonstrate the skills or experience required for this role.