A new opportunity with one of Yorkshire's leading firms has become available for a Criminal Defence Solicitor to join their dedicated team at their Leeds head office. The ideal candidate will provide high quality legal advice, assistance and advocacy to clients. They will also have Duty Solicitor status, however this is not essential as the firm are willing to develop someone who would like to obtain this qualification.
This firm promote an outstanding work life balance, offering hybrid working and an attractive benefits package to include a share of the firm’s profits each year and:
- Workplace pension scheme
- Death in service benefit
- 23 days paid holiday, increasing to 26 days from 1 year continuous service
- Lifeworks employee assistance program
- Members of the First Bus Commuter Travel Club which offers discounts for ‘normal’ bus travel and park and ride tickets
The role involves managing a busy caseload of criminal matters including all aspects of criminal litigation but with an emphasis on Magistrates Court advocacy. The successful candidate will deal with matters at all stages in accordance with department, firm, LAA and Lexcel policies and procedures.
- Taking instructions from clients and advising accordingly
- Instructing counsel or other experts if necessary
- Representing clients at Court (including advocacy) as appropriate
- Obtaining and preparing file documentation
- Cost drafting as appropriate
- Billing files and obtaining monies due to the firm from the clients, the Legal Aid Agency and other parties
If you are a Criminal Defence Solicitor and meet the above criteria, please apply directly via the link or contact Rachael Atherton at G2 Legal Recruitment.
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Rachael Atherton at G2 Legal on 0113 254 9296 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.
PQE, years of experience and salary levels are shown purely as a guide. We will consider applications from candidates that can demonstrate the skills or experience required for this role.