Trainee Patent Secretary
A market leading intellectual property firm has just opened its doors for a new trainee Patent Secretary. Our client is renowned globally for its technical expertise and general excellence in all areas of intellectual property. This is a special opportunity for the selected candidate to strengthen their skills as a secretary and delve into the world of intellectual property with the full support of an experienced secretarial trainer and the rest of their team. You will be working with many talented individuals in this time allowing you to excel in your training. Our client also offers the chance for hybrid working as it firmly believes in work/life harmony.
- One to two years’ experience working within a professional services firm is preferred but not mandatory
- Minimum typing speed of 45 wpm
- A recognised secretarial qualification
- The ability to work well under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Strong organisation and interpersonal skills
Duties once trained:
- Produce standard letters, European Patent Office, and UK Patent Office forms (in accordance with the firm’s style) relatively unsupervised
- Deal with Fee Earners WIP and produce invoice requests and narratives with limited instruction
- Be proficient in Word, PDF Docs, Outlook packages and Inprotech
- Be able to produce work from dictations, emails and from manuscript documents
- Dealing with post and filing using the firm’s Document Management System
The firm prides itself on all staff members treating each other equally and working well together as a team to achieve goals. You can have no doubt that working at this firm will be an exciting experience and you will gain an abundance of knowledge in intellectual property which you can later use to advance your career in any direction you seem fit. There are many lavish benefits that will be on offer once accepted. If you have any questions regarding this brilliant opportunity, then please do not be shy to ask.
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Antony Setford at G2 Legal on 0207 649 9298 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.
PQE, years of experience and salary levels are shown purely as a guide. We will consider applications from candidates that can demonstrate the skills or experience required for this role.