A leading Legal Top 500 Defendant Insurance firm is looking for a Law Costs Draftsperson to join their Southampton-based team within the Recoveries & Commercial Litigation department.
The candidate will be responsible for providing a cost for Budgets, Points of Dispute, Bills, Schedules of Costs, and other formal documents. You will be responsible for managing your own caseload, including timely and accurate maintenance of the system along with billing and management information.
Essential Skills and Attributes:
- 2+ years’ experience in a similar costs draftsperson role either claimant or defendant
- Previous experience of client liaison
- Experience of preparing Points of Dispute and considering replies
- Experience of preparing Bills and Schedule of Costs
- Experience of drafting Budgets
- Good standard of education – 3 GCSEs grade C or above, or equivalent including Maths, English, and Science as a minimum
- Good telephone negotiation skills
- Previous experience of handling own caseload
- An understanding of the Detailed Assessment process, Cost Case Laws, and the Insurance Litigation practice and process
- Ability to use own initiative
- Ability to plan and prioritise workloads
- Excellent listening and verbal communication skills
- Ability to make decisions
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Ability to act as part of a team
- Proficient IT skills
This is a fantastic opportunity to gain experience within a well-established Top 500 firm.
Apply now to find out more by contacting Jamie Warriner at G2 Legal or apply with your up-to-date CV online!
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Jamie Warriner at G2 Legal on 01273 289000 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.
PQE, years of experience and salary levels are shown purely as a guide. We will consider applications from candidates that can demonstrate the skills or experience required for this role.