The Company Secretarial department provides bespoke company secretarial services to its clients and deals with all queries from basic compliance through to high-level advisory work. It prepares compliance statements, statutory documents, amendments to the constitution of companies and deals with Companies House, HMRC, solicitors, clients and third parties
The purpose of the role is to assist in all day-to-day aspects of the company secretarial compliance function. To assist in the provision of consultancy work and business development, as required.
Company Secretarial Associate - Birmingham - £25,000 - £40,000
You will prepare and review as required all relevant documentation such as:
- Compliance statements and dormant accounts to file on-line at Companies House
- All relevant statutory documentation with appropriate and accurate board minutes
- Billing clients as appropriate
- Dividend vouchers and dividend waiver documentation
- Stock transfer documents in a timely and accurate manner making sure that stamp duty is paid within the appropriate time limits
- New client forms and engagement letters for Company Secretarial work
- Following relevant procedures to ensure risk is minimized to clients.
- Assist with a portfolio of clients ensuring they are kept up to date with relevant progress of their statutory requirements and deadlines
- Ensure deadlines are met and issues or difficulties that arise are brought to the attention of the senior team members; liaising with senior team members to regularly communicate progress of work
- Assist with general administrative duties and attend relevant client and board meetings when appropriate
Personal and professional qualities:
- Develop an awareness of UK law concentrating on the Companies Act 2006
- Develop an ability to carry out research and problem solving by using the Companies House website, statutory legislation and other material in addition to seeking advice from more senior members of the department
- Willingness and ability to study a professional qualification (ICSA)
- Competent at relevant computer applications, Excel, Word and Blueprint
- Basic technical and analytical skills
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Proven planning and prioritising skills
- Able to work under pressure with accuracy and focus
- Able to demonstrate problem solving skills
- Self-motivated and able to apply relevant skills to new scenarios
G2 Legal is a legal recruitment company recruiting in Birmingham/Surrounding Area. Visit our website for more jobs or contact Greg McHugh on 0207 649 9296 today.
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Greg McHugh at G2 Legal on 0207 649 9296 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.
PQE, years of experience and salary levels are shown purely as a guide. We will consider applications from candidates that can demonstrate the skills or experience required for this role.