My client is currently recruiting for a Legal Secretary/Legal Assistant to work within their Family Law Team based in Leigh. Experience in divorce and financial matters (privately funded) is a preference but not essential. This is an exciting opportunity for a Family Legal Secretary/Legal Assistant looking for personal and career development.
Legal Secretary/Assistant - Family Law
£20,000 - £22,000
The ideal candidate will have a strong secretarial and administration background, along with experience working in a Family Law Department, will have good communication skills, and be able to work proactively under pressure, as part of a team.
- Office based – Leigh.
- Hours are Monday – Friday 9am – 5.15pm.
- Salary: Up to £22,000 DOE.
Duties to include:
- Maintain Fee Earner’s diary arranging meetings and appointments.
- Opening and closing of files
- Create and maintain client records on the firm’s database ensuring that all correspondence and file notes are recorded on the system
- Produce accurate client correspondence from digital dictation and ensure enclosures for mailing including client bills.
- To draft, transcribe, word-process, type, and prepare documents as required including forms, standard documents, briefs and prepare same for issue as necessary.
- Assist in the preparation of Court Bundles.
- Maintain client hard copy files including copying, storage and retrieval of information.
- Request payments and record receipts of client monies.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Discretionary extra day at Christmas
- State pension
For more information on this and other exciting opportunities, please contact Joanne Gairns at G2 Legal.
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Joanne Gairns at G2 Legal on 0161 207 2000 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.
PQE, years of experience and salary levels are shown purely as a guide. We will consider applications from candidates that can demonstrate the skills or experience required for this role.