Technical Remortgage Paralegal
I have an exciting and rare opportunity with a national L200 law firm, for a Technical Remortgage Paralegal to join its central Leeds team.
You will be responsible for managing a full caseload of Technical Non-Fast Track Remortgage files through to completion.
Experience of technical remortgage cases is essential for this role.
- An ability to manage a high-volume caseload of a minimum of 200 new Technical Non-Fast Track Remortgage instructions per month to include Transfers of Equity, Deeds of Postponement, Restrictions, Shared Ownership and Staircasing and any other technical work required
- Liaise with the client and borrower and other external where necessary
- Carry out a title investigation
- Carry out any basic non-fast track tasks
- Carry out identification checks
- Obtain a redemption statement for every charge affecting the property
- Check the mortgage offer
- Chase any outstanding documentation required to proceed to completion
- Set a suitable date for completion in accordance with the client and borrower requirements
- Carry out any searches required on the property or borrower
- Process completion
- Attend to post completion matters and ensure the client’s charge is secured as a first legal charge
- Scan or file incoming post
- Deal efficiently and effectively with telephone calls made by the client, borrower or third party
- Refer technical issues to the Quality and Technical Advisor for completion
- Always keep all parties in the transaction up to date such as client, introducer, borrower, or broker
- To provide technical assistance to the remortgage caseworkers as required
- To provide technical assistance to other members of the technical non-fast track team as and when required
- To aid on transactional matters as required
To be considered for this role you must have 6 months+ experience in a customer service role. Proven ability to process tasks in a volume caseload is essential.
If you are an experienced Technical Remortgage Paralegal, please apply via the link or contact Rachael Atherton at G2 Legal Recruitment.
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Rachael Atherton at G2 Legal on 0113 254 9296 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.
PQE, years of experience and salary levels are shown purely as a guide. We will consider applications from candidates that can demonstrate the skills or experience required for this role.