Law Costs Draftsman
£25,000 - £35,000
An experienced Law Costs Draftsman is required to join a leading law firm based in the heart of Bolton to deal with and negotiate costs on a range of matters primarily for RTA/EL/PL matters.
As a law costs advisor you will be required to have a minimum of 2 years’ experience within a similar role either claimant or defendant with preparing Points of Dispute and considering replies experience.
The role is working a 35 hour week Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm.
- Responsible for management of own caseload using in-house case management system including timely and accurate maintenance of the system along with billing and management information – ensuring completeness of records in order to aid business decision making
- Responsible for hitting chargeable hours target every day
- Delegation of tasks where available and appropriate to other members of the team
- Drafting Precedent H
- Preparing Precedent R on opponent’s Precedent H and compliance with Costs Case Management Orders
- Preparing points of dispute and considering replies
- Reviewing files
- Identifying strengths and weaknesses and preparing a document to reflect this
- Preparing cost strategy reports
- Settling costs
- Dealing with correspondence and telephone calls
- Undertaking periodic reviews of files in line with Client requirements
- Updating reports
- Meeting agreed performance targets
- Provide written updates by email or letter to clients detailing case activity to ensure that they receive up to date and accurate information about progress when requested
- Instruct Counsel or Costs Lawyer to attend Detailed Assessment or alternatively conduct own advocacy
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Gemma Taylor at G2 Legal on 0161 207 2000 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.
PQE, years of experience and salary levels are shown purely as a guide. We will consider applications from candidates that can demonstrate the skills or experience required for this role.