Senior Legal Secretary - Employment - Southampton
£23,000 - £27,000
A fantastic opportunity for an experienced Senior Legal Secretary to join a growing Top 100 firm, based in Southampton, to provide comprehensive legal secretarial and administrative support to assigned solicitors and lawyers within the team.
Your responsibilities will include:
• To administer files to include liaising with client to obtain details to open electronic files on the firms case management system, completing relevant forms to write off WIP / close files and liaising with archivist for storage and retrieval in accordance with the firm’s management procedures
• To ensure physical (where applicable) and electronic files are maintained accurately and any paper filing is scanned onto the file in line with the firms paperless policy
• To draft key client documents such as client care letters, adviser’s certificates and other correspondence requested by Lawyer/s. Depending on DPC capacity and where appropriate, this may include digital dictation of correspondence and documents.
• To request ID documentation from clients in order to run ID checks via Smart Search and to demonstrate compliance with all other Anti-Money Laundering requirements.
• To run compares on documentation as requested by Lawyer
• To liaise with clients , Lawyer/s, third parties daily to fix telephone/Teams appointments, arrange office meetings, book rooms for clients and colleagues as requested, organising refreshments, arranging parking bays, as necessary. Daily diary management for themselves and inputting important key dates and diarising when to chase for things
• To answer telephone calls for the team and covering telephones to include calling third parties and clients as required by the team. Able to deal with and respond to some correspondence in the absence of Lawyer on annual leave and arrange for another Lawyer to assist where urgent.
• Accurately record and update information and data in the case management system provided by Lawyer/s.
• Assist Fee Earners in the billing and credit control process by liaising with the Fee Earner and accounts and to produce standard financial/time reports and invoices through the system
• Produce and mail out client invoices and to liaise with credit control to send reminders where necessary
• Produce and mail out Lawyer/s hourly rate increase in line with firm policy
• To liaise with Lawyer/s to request WIP transfers, liaise with clients to request funds on account of costs, to follow up with our accounts team to confirm funds received and to complete the relevant forms to return money held in client account when file ready for closure and as appropriate
• Plan, book and expense travel for Lawyer/s when required
• To book Lawyer/s onto firm/external training webinars as requested and liaise with purchase ledger to ensure payment of external invoice. To undertake any specific learning and tasks to enhance own learning and skill base
• To proactively assist as requested with Departmental marketing and networking events
• To formulate spreadsheets based on client data as requested by Lawyer’s for general and research purposes.
If you are keen on progressing within a supporting, established team, that has a class-leading benefits package than this could be the right role for you!
For further information contact Jamie Warriner at G2 Legal or please add an up-to-date CV.
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Jamie Warriner at G2 Legal on 01273 289000 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.
PQE, years of experience and salary levels are shown purely as a guide. We will consider applications from candidates that can demonstrate the skills or experience required for this role.