Senior Law Costs Draftsman
A new opportunity for a Senior Law Costs Draftsman has become available at a friendly, niche, multi-discipline law firm based in the centre of Leeds City Centre.
It is a fantastic, permanent position for a Law Costs Draftsman (Lawyer/Legal Executive/Paralegal) to join a small Costs Team. This is a full time, permanent role, where development and training can be offered for the right candidate. You will be working in a small and friendly department working on both internal costs files and for external solicitor clients.
Main Duties and Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Drafting Inter parts Bills of Costs (to include Precedent S electronic Bills)
- Drafting Schedule of Costs
- Drafting Precedent H documents
- Preparing Points of Dispute/Replies to Points of Dispute
- Drafting Precedent R and Precedent T documents
- Assessing costs claims and providing advice to fee earners
- Negotiating on the settlement of costs
- Advocacy experience is desirable but not essential
- Legal aid knowledge is an advantage
- Working as a Costs professional with a minimum of 5 years’ experience, either in-house or for a specialist costs drafting company
- Computer literate
- Excellent communication and IT Skills
- Experience of costs drafting software, ideally Costsmaster.
- Experience of drafting inter-parties Bills to include Precedent S Bills, Schedules of Costs, and Precedent H documents
- Understanding of CPR and Case Law
- The ability to work on your own with the minimum of supervision
- Ability to work to deadlines and targets
- Competitive Salary
- Automatic enrollment onto the Company’s pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Good holiday entitlement
- Bonus on completion of qualifying period
- Supportive team environment
If you are a Senior Law Costs Draftsman keen to secure a role with a leading Leeds law firm and meet the above criteria, please apply directly via the link.
For further information contact Rachael Atherton at G2 Legal.
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Rachael Atherton at G2 Legal on 0113 254 9296 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.
PQE, years of experience and salary levels are shown purely as a guide. We will consider applications from candidates that can demonstrate the skills or experience required for this role.