Legal Accounts Manager
An established law firm in Berkshire is looking to recruit a Legal Head of Accounts in a succession planning role due to retirement.
The successful Legal Accounts Manager will carry out the day to day running of the accounts department on a full time basis, as well as heading up the accounts team. The ideal candidate will have previous experience as legal cashier/bookkeeper managing a law firm’s accounts.
The main responsibilities of the role will encompass all of the legal practice finance functions, including:
- Maintain the firm’s accounts in accordance with the Solicitors Accounts Rules and Law Society/QS practise management standards
- Maintain management accounts and prepare monthly management reports, including monthly analysis of financial performance against budget
- Administer payroll and pension arrangements
- Complete periodic VAT returns
- Maintain purchase ledger
- Be responsible for credit control
- Provide our conveyancing team with timely transaction information & support
- Operate & administer our Quillenium accounts & client database system in liaison with our software suppliers
- Train & supervise junior accounts staff as required
You will ideally:
- Be a Fellow of the Institute of Legal Cashiers or possess a comparable accounting qualification
- Have a good working knowledge of SAR & regulatory compliance
- Be able to prepare management accounts & cashflows
- Possess integrity, trustworthiness and enjoy working to a high standard as part of a dedicated professional team
A competitive salary and friendly working culture is on offer.
Please send your CV confidentially by applying on-line immediately or contact Gayle Woolf at G2 Legal.
(Please note salary is just a guide, depends on the experience of the candidate.)
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Gayle Woolf at G2 Legal on 01273 289000 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.
PQE, years of experience and salary levels are shown purely as a guide. We will consider applications from candidates that can demonstrate the skills or experience required for this role.