One of Europe’s most important and innovative intellectual property firms are recruiting a Patent Secretary to join their growing team.
This firm is at the forefront of IP across multiple sectors including life sciences, pharmaceuticals, and biotechnology.
There is a broad and versatile range of responsibilities attached to this important role. The role requires you to provide the firms fee earners with secretarial support. Additional components of the role include monitoring schedules and preparing letters, scheduling meeting and diary management, as well as preparing forms for patent and design applications, liaising with clients and operating Inprotech software.
The ideal candidate for this role must be able to work effectively under pressure and manage their own workload, as well as being an excellent written and verbal communicator who can thrive working both independently and proactively as a member of a team.
Two to four years' of experience as a Patent Secretary is required for this role. Being CIPA qualified would be greatly advantages as would Inprotech experience.
- Monitoring schedules, dealing with cases independently
- Liaising with records team to remove old prompts
- Amending letters, emails, and specifications
- Using Inprotech software
- Preparing papers for oral proceedings
- Preparing standard EPO letters and client reporting letters without instruction
- Diary management for Fee Earners
- Scheduling meetings and arranging all logistics
- Preparing papers and presentations for meetings
- Liaising with clients
- Primary point of contact for Fee Earners
- Publishing material on intranet
- Prepare forms for UK and international patent and design applications
- Ability to self-manage
- Ability to prioritize workloads and meet deadlines
- Excellent organisational skills
- Proactive and independent worker
- Work well in a team
- Excellent written and verbal communicator
- Excellent problem solver
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- CIPA qualification would be advantages
- Inprotech experience would be advantages
For more information about this opening, please contact Antony Setford at G2 Legal for a confidential chat.
Alternatively, if this role does not sound right for you, please check our website, or give us a call to hear about our other opportunities. If you are looking to develop your career further, needing salary advice or just fancy a chat about your future, we are here for you.
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Antony Setford at G2 Legal on 0207 649 9298 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.
PQE, years of experience and salary levels are shown purely as a guide. We will consider applications from candidates that can demonstrate the skills or experience required for this role.