IP Associate (Litigation)
My client is a leading international full-service law firm that hold a well-established award-winning IP team. Due to a growing pipeline of work, the team are now looking to hire an Associate. The primary focus of the role will be patent and soft IP litigation in the UK courts, including regular High Court litigation. You will be responsible for managing your own client portfolio across trademark and patent, copyright and database rights matters whilst assisting on existing caseloads and leading business development activities. The main focus of the role is on contentious matters; however, you will have the chance to work on non-contentious matters such as IP portfolio matters and trademark and design contentious registry proceedings before the tribunals and courts.
- Managing your own files
- Developing relationships with existing and new clients (business development)
- Assisting less experienced associates whenever necessary
- Corresponding with clients, counsel, expert witnesses and third parties
- Managing, coordinating, and overseeing the performance of all essential steps in an IP case
- Liaising with clients and handling matters with the appropriate sensitivity
- Responsibility and management of an existing caseload
- Qualified IP lawyer with contentious experience, preferably litigation experience
- Non-contentious IP experience is useful but not a requirement
- Strong academics and ideally qualified in English law and ideally holding the Oxford IP Diploma (or equivalent)
- 1+ years' experience assisting and leading on a variety of contentious IP cases including trademark, copyright designs and confidential information
- Applying your IP skills to assist the practical and commercial objectives of the firm's clients across a range of technically complex and diverse industries
- Experience of managing your own caseloads
- Proven ability to contribute to and drive BD and marketing activities
- Develop to provide thought leadership and raise the profiles of the firm externally
For more information, contact Antony Setford at G2 Legal for a discreet and non-pushy conversation
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Antony Setford at G2 Legal on 0207 649 9298 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.
PQE, years of experience and salary levels are shown purely as a guide. We will consider applications from candidates that can demonstrate the skills or experience required for this role.