Senior Counsel – FTC
Our client is a recognised telecommunications company wishing to appoint 2 x Senior Counsel on fixed-term contracts until April or May 2023.
Operating within a hybrid model (onsite at least 2 days/week), this Senior Counsel role will see you report into the Head of Legal, taking ownership for assessing the company's legal obligations, creating a response and formulating a strategy to senior managers.
This position is highly visible and will require you to work autonomously on a range of strategic, legal and reputational matters both with internal stakeholders and external parties.
Dealing with legal and regulatory matters pertinent to the telecommunications industry, you will be responsible for a range of issues, including:
- Working with diverse areas of the business and the wider group on consumer legal matters
- Offering advice on compliance with legal and regulatory requirements
- Delivering advice on policy development and strategy for consumer legal and regulatory matters
- Dealing with customer claims, including any resultant litigation or disputes, in collaboration with a paralegal
- Giving the legal input in response to regulatory consultations from the Government and regulators
- Managing external counsel in relation to legal and regulatory matters
- Advising on the legal and regulatory implications of new product and service proposals
This exciting fixed-term contract role is ideally suited to a UK or Commonwealth lawyer with around 10+ years' PQE, trained and experienced at a top-ranking law firm. A strong background in consumer law, coupled with experience in-house at a consumer-led business, is essential.
If you feel this role would be a great next step in your career and you would like to find out more, please get in touch today.
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Catherine Geer at G2 Legal on 0207 649 9298 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.
PQE, years of experience and salary levels are shown purely as a guide. We will consider applications from candidates that can demonstrate the skills or experience required for this role.