A rare opportunity has arisen for an experienced Legal Secretary/Legal PA to join a personal injury specialist law firm based in South Manchester. As a Legal PA you will be working on a one-to-one basis supporting a Partner and must have previous legal secretary/legal PA experience within personal injury.
This Legal PA role will involve diary management & elements of case management, as well as liaising with courts, defendants, and clients. There is a focus on client care, and you will be working collaboratively with the Partner to help maintain client relationships.
The firm will consider both full time and flexible hours for this role, offering a competitive salary banding plus an excellent benefits package including 23 days holiday rising 1 day per year to a max of 26 days, private medical insurance, death in service, active social committee, and employee assistance programme.
- To support in the efficient management of cases, including monitoring important dates/deadlines, autonomously producing chaser letters and chaser calls, dealing with routine incoming letters.
- To prepare correspondence and documents through audiotyping and word processing and ensure correct enclosures.
- To make appointments, arrange meetings and to manage the partner’s diary.
- To attend clients both in person and on the telephone and to provide such support in a professional and friendly manner in keeping with the firm’s standards for client care.
- To assist with the preparation of trial bundles.
- To provide support to other secretaries and the administration team as required.
- To undertake any specific training when required to do so and overall to have a responsibility towards self-development.
- To ensure the confidentiality of all the firm’s and clients’ documentation and information.
- Undertake filing as required.
- When working on a file always making sure there is a task in there for the next step. Review the file and make sure if you have e.g., requested a Form of Authority, the appropriate chaser task is set.
- Fully complete jobs. If a dictation asks you to make a call to arrange e.g., an appointment, you may not mark the dictation as closed until the appointment is made
- Update case details such as client email address and / or 3rd party details. We are required to send as much correspondence as possible electronically.
G2 Legal is a legal recruitment company recruiting in Greater Manchester. Visit our website for more jobs or contact Gemma Taylor on 0161 207 2000 today.
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Gemma Taylor at G2 Legal on 0161 207 2000 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.
PQE, years of experience and salary levels are shown purely as a guide. We will consider applications from candidates that can demonstrate the skills or experience required for this role.