An exciting new vacancy has arisen for a Conveyancing Fee Earner to join the busy residential property department of a well-established and respected law firm with a longstanding presence in and around Reading.
Our client continues to go from strength to strength; this could be your opportunity to be a key player in taking its third office in Reading, Berkshire to the next level.
As Fee Earner, you will be responsible for assisting in the management of a busy caseload encompassing all types of domestic conveyancing including freehold, leasehold, new build, registered and unregistered. Familiarity with case management and general IT literacy is essential as the successful candidate will be expected to do all their own typing including letters, reports and emails. Other must have's include faultless attention to detail, a strong and positive attitude, and a focus on quality.
The role will involve being one of the primary contacts in the office, including third party communication with other solicitors, estate agents and clients; so you must be confident and competent in both your oral and written communication. You will also be required to attend clients in the office and, crucially, to run the office when the partner in charge is absent. As such, you will have impeccable organisation skills, tenacity, and the ability to remain calm and in control in order to direct other members of the team where needed.
The day to day work of the role will include being confident to do all the following elements/tasks in a typical conveyancing transaction:
- Providing initial quotations
- Setting up files
- Dealing with clients, agents, solicitors, etc on phone, email and in person
- Preparing and sending out draft contract papers
- Answering enquiries on sales
- Raising enquiries and submitting searches on purchases
- Attending clients for signing
- Preparing reports on purchases
- Exchanging contracts with seller’s sols and all paperwork involved
- Preparing completion paperwork on transactions
- Dealing with post completion leasehold paperwork including notices
- Knowledge to deal with land registry applications to register, stamp duty submissions and land registry requisitions
This is a rare opportunity to join a friendly and progressive law firm which values its staff and puts client care and quality of service at the centre of everything it does, which is reflected in the service it provides.
The salary for the role will be negotiable depending on experience, but expected to be in the range of £38k to £50K.
To be considered for this Residential Property Conveyancer role based in Reading, please apply now.
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Gayle Woolf at G2 Legal on 01273 289000 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.
PQE, years of experience and salary levels are shown purely as a guide. We will consider applications from candidates that can demonstrate the skills or experience required for this role.