One of the UK’s leading Intellectual Property firms is rapidly undergoing growth. They are now expanding their team of highly regarded legal professionals with the appointment of a Formalities Assistant.
This is a hugely important and varied role working within the Docketing section of this prestigious firm’s highly motivated and supportive Formalities team.
You will cover a wide variety of responsibilities, such as monitoring deadlines and processing emails via the firm’s operating system. Further duties include filing applications and monitoring internal reminders, along with liaising with both clients and fee earners and operating the Inprotech system used by the firm. You will report to the Formalities Supervisor.
This role is a twelve-month fixed term contract – however, there may be an opportunity to progress to a permanent role at the end of the twelve-month period.
This role offers a brilliant opportunity for career progression. You will have experience working in formalities, along with sufficient Inprotech experience. You will need to work effectively and proactively both independently and as part of a team. The perfect candidate will have excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as being highly motivated with the ability to meet deadlines. A CIPA qualification is advantageous, but not essential.
- Managing deadlines
- Processing incoming emails, post, and inputting deadlines onto the system
- Scanning incoming post into the Document Management System
- Filing applications at UK, EPO, and International Bureau
- Dealing with EPO and EUIPO Portal
- Managing the email inboxes
- Operating the Inprotech system
- Liaising with clients and fee earners
- CIPA qualification (advantageous)
- Formalities experience
- Sufficient Inprotech experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to always meet deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
For more information about this opening, please contact Antony Setford at G2 Legal for a confidential chat.
Alternatively, if this role does not sound right for you, please check our website or give or call us to hear about our other opportunities. If you are looking to develop your career further, needing salary advice or just fancy a chat about your future, we are here for you.
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Antony Setford at G2 Legal on 0207 649 9298 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.
PQE, years of experience and salary levels are shown purely as a guide. We will consider applications from candidates that can demonstrate the skills or experience required for this role.