A highly experienced Software Development Manager is required to join an IT Leadership Team for a leading Merseyside law firm within its Birkenhead office. You will help define the firm’s innovation strategy, and work with the existing team to develop software and processes that will drive efficiencies across the business.
You will be responsible for leading, managing and motivating the development function to deliver solutions and services that will help shape and drive the business forward.
Being an ideas person, this is an opportunity to define a role within the organisation that will not only change the way that they develop solutions, but also how development can facilitate change at the core of the business.
You will be required to have extensive experience in a similar role – 3-5 years in a senior leadership role.
This role involves agile working with a minimum of 2 days per week in the office.
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work on concurrent complex projects
- Experience in Data warehousing, Dev Ops, Automated Testing, Software Deployment and development governance and Documentation
- Working as a key member of the IT Leadership Team to help define Strategy and Process for all work streams
- Shaping and building the team to meet objectives
- Managing stakeholders through the project delivery lifecycle in conjunction with the wider project teams
- Leading a team of developers in the creation of high quality software, workflows and processes within agreed project deadlines
- Managing team members in line with company policy and procedures, including performance, development and disciplinary
- Setting team and lead developer goals and objectives
- Managing, training and guiding lead developers
- Inspiring and motivating team members at all levels
- Taking high level ownership of all work within the team
- Ensuring all new team members are mentored and ensuring established team members are provided required support to develop and grow in their roles
- Providing reporting into the business so that there is clear visibility of all the work in development
- Working closely with peers in the business to understand business process and requirements
- Promoting a positive working environment for the team within your areas as well as other business areas you engage with
- Assisting in the design and implementation of standards and procedures to ensure consistency when developing high quality software
- Ensuring that team members understand and follow standards
- Ensuring the consistency in technologies, tools and techniques used within the team
- Ensuring consistency with brand guidelines and other 3rd party branding
- Suggesting better solutions to problems
- Keeping abreast of latest and emerging technologies
- Ensuring Technology is able to support the business in maintaining its reputation for fast and flexible software delivery
- Ensuring a delivery-focused and flexible approach to projects/deliverables, maintaining a high level of accuracy in estimation whilst coping with fluctuating requirements
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Gemma Taylor at G2 Legal on 0161 207 2000 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.
PQE, years of experience and salary levels are shown purely as a guide. We will consider applications from candidates that can demonstrate the skills or experience required for this role.