A great opportunity to gain experience within a housing association as an Information Governance Manager.
- With the Governance Manager, manage all information governance activity
- Co-ordinating and quality assuring responses to Data Subject Access Requests (DSARs)
- Handling disrepair claims and other disclosures
- Undertaking breach investigations – including escalation and reporting to the Data Protection Officer as necessary
- Delivery of actions to ensure compliance with policies
- Supporting the data governance internal consultancy project and ongoing compliance
- Supporting staff with completion of privacy impact assessments
- Supporting staff in data retention activities
- Keeping the Information Asset Register up to date
- Monitor compliance with IG responsibilities and performance against relevant indicators, compiling statistics and drafting reports to ET, Audit Committee, and the Board
- Maintain records of all information requests and disclosure outcomes on the designated CRM system
- Development and review of information governance policies, guidance, and action plans
- Providing expertise and advice and obtaining legal advice where necessary
- Manage the development of our stakeholder and data sharing agreements and co-ordinate our system of monitoring and review of existing agreements to ensure they remain relevant
- Work across the business to ensure that appropriate legal basis for data sharing is in place, that the principles of good data governance are embedded and that the additional requirements for the use of special category data are adhered to
- Develop and deliver induction and tailored training on Information Governance to staff, either face-to-face or virtually
- Provide administrative support for the business’ insurance renewal arrangements as directed by the Risk and Assurance Manager
- Prepare for the information access scheme as set in the Social Housing White Paper
- Experience in managing DSARs in compliance with the DPA 2018
- Experience of developing or implementing data protection arrangements in organisations
- Experience of providing advice on data protection issues and recognising when to escalate
G2 Legal is a legal recruitment company recruiting in Kent. Visit our website for more jobs or contact Fabrizia Rowe on 0207 649 9296 today.
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Fabrizia Rowe at G2 Legal on 0207 649 9296 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.
PQE, years of experience and salary levels are shown purely as a guide. We will consider applications from candidates that can demonstrate the skills or experience required for this role.