A brilliant opportunity has arisen for a legal assistant to join this established law firm based in Reading, in this critical hire due to an increase in work.
As a legal assistant, you will join the firm’s conveyancing post completion department where you will provide effective support within the conveyancing team. You will be working as part of a busy team assisting the post completion team in dealing with the registration of all purchase transactions within priority periods and in dealing with balances and file closures for sale, purchase and remortgage files.
In order to apply you must have previous experience of conveyancing post-completion work; otherwise, your application won’t be considered.
What your key duties will include:
- Providing full support to our Conveyancing Solicitors to enable them to operate efficiently
- Preparing correspondence
- Attending to clients
- Administering filing systems which will include daily filing and the opening, closing, storage and retrieval of client files
- Preparing mail and enclosures for dispatch
- Arranging the scanning and photocopying of paperwork
- Carrying out other duties and responsibilities as required
- Ensuring that all post-completions processes are finalised, including paying stamp duty to HMRC, serving any notices to landlords, registering new owners with the Land Registry and requisitions
Salary is negotiable and dependent on experience (£23,000 - £27,000).
To apply for this Post Completions Legal Assistant role based in Reading please email your CV to us or contact Gayle Woolf at G2 Legal.
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Gayle Woolf at G2 Legal on 01273 289000 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.
PQE, years of experience and salary levels are shown purely as a guide. We will consider applications from candidates that can demonstrate the skills or experience required for this role.