My client is looking for a skilled and experienced team manager to lead its patent team at one of Europe’s most well-respected Intellectual property firms, with offices in London and Europe. The firm is a leader in the fields of life science and pharmaceutical IP law.
It is now looking for someone who is highly motivated with excellent communication skills to manage their patent team.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with managing experience to further their career. This role will involve overseeing, managing, and supporting the patents team, assisting, and advising staff, as well as coordinating team meetings, setting objectives for team members and communicating with and providing information to IP Administration regarding your team.
The ideal candidate for this role is someone who is self-motivated, with careful attention to detail, and strong written and verbal communication skills as well as close attention to detail. This role requires knowledge of legal resources and a CIPA Administration Certificate will be advantageous.
This is an ideal opportunity for a passionate team manger looking for the next stage of their career to lead a thriving patent team.
- Managing the patents team
- Supporting and advising team on technical and legal matters
- Managing staff
- Coordinating team meetings
- Organising the delivery of team training and mentoring
- Helping to keep fee schedules up to date and resolving billing issues
- Setting objectives for team members
- Advising IP Administration on team members regarding probation reviews, promotions
- Provide information to IP Administrator regarding team member salary reviews
- Reviewing systems, processes, improvements to EP services
- Maintaining KPI’s
- Documenting processes
- Attending events: EPOline seminars, CIPA IP conference, UKIOP, CPA, IEUG
- Excellent academics
- Team management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong collaboration skills
- Effective communication with colleagues
- Excellent attention to detail
- CIPA Administration Certificate advantages
- IT Skills
- Knowledge of online legal resources and journals
- Knowledge of EP, WO, and GB patent process
For more information about this opening, please contact Antony Setford at G2 Legal for a confidential chat.
Alternatively, if this role does not sound right for you, please check our website, or give us a call to hear about our other opportunities. If you are looking to develop your career further, needing salary advice or just fancy a chat about your future, we are here for you.
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Antony Setford at G2 Legal on 0207 649 9298 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.
PQE, years of experience and salary levels are shown purely as a guide. We will consider applications from candidates that can demonstrate the skills or experience required for this role.