A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Legal Administration Assistant/Receptionist to join an award-winning top tier law firm based in Manchester City Centre. As a Legal Assistant/Receptionist you will be working in the firm’s main reception area where you will be the face of the Manchester office. You will be the first point of contact clients have with the Firm either in person or over the phone. You will be meeting and greeting internal and external clients ensuring they all receive a warm welcome and leave with the best impression of the firm. In addition, you will work with the firms Team Legal Assistants providing administrative support to Partners, fee earners and PAs.
You will be required to have exceptional customer service skills, IT skills and experience of working within an office/front of house environment ideally within a law firm.
Working hours for this role are 9.30am – 5.30pm Monday to Friday
The firm are offering a competitive salary banding and excellent benefits package.
- Taking accurate, clear telephone messages and passing on to the relevant person in a timely fashion
- Responsibility for keeping an accurate record of meeting room bookings
- Ensuring that the necessary catering and presentational facilities are provided for each room booking
- Ensuring that the meeting room(s) are cleared after use, including tidying the client kitchen facility as required
- Responsible for setting up telephone and video conference calls
- Maintaining the Reception area to ensure that it is always smart, professional looking and tidy
- Assisting with preparation for and running of marketing events at the office, which may require working out of hours from time to time
- Answering all incoming telephone calls and re-directing to the appropriate partner or employee
Legal Assistant duties
- Working as an integral part of the fee earner support team
- Filing and file management, including file opening and closing
- Assisting at internal and external seminars
- Producing and engrossing documents
- Scheduling and compiling bibles of documents
- Obtaining official copy documents from various local authorities and other third party search providers
- Using Land Registry Portal and TM Group (online searches services)
- Administering NHBC applications
- Filing of deeds, documents, correspondence and other documentation
- Maintaining filing and document management systems
- Assisting with the administration of file archiving and retrieval service
- Scanning, photocopying, printing and filing
- Ad hoc administrative duties where required
- Provide support and cover for administrative staff and assist other departments as required
- Assisting with incoming/outgoing post duties
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Gemma Taylor at G2 Legal on 0161 207 2000 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.
PQE, years of experience and salary levels are shown purely as a guide. We will consider applications from candidates that can demonstrate the skills or experience required for this role.