One of Europe’s most important and innovative intellectual property firms is recruiting a Patent Secretary to join its growing team.
This firm is at the forefront of IP across multiple sectors, including life sciences, pharmaceuticals and biotechnology.
There is a broad and versatile range of responsibilities attached to this important role, which requires you to provide the firm’s fee earners with secretarial support. Additional components of the role include monitoring schedules and preparing letters, scheduling meetings and diary management, as well as preparing forms for patent and design applications, liaising with clients and operating Inprotech software.
The ideal candidate for this role must be able to work effectively under pressure and manage their own workload, as well as being an excellent written and verbal communicator who can thrive working both independently and proactively as a member of a team.
Two to four years of experience as a Patent Secretary is required for this role. Being CIPA qualified would be greatly advantageous, as would Inprotech experience.
- Monitoring schedules, dealing with cases independently
- Liaising with records team to remove old prompts
- Amending letters, emails, and specifications
- Using Inprotech software
- Preparing papers for oral proceedings
- Preparing standard EPO letters and client reporting letters without instruction
- Diary management for Fee Earners
- Scheduling meetings and arranging all logistics
- Preparing papers and presentations for meetings
- Liaising with clients
- Primary point of contact for Fee Earners
- Publishing material on intranet
- Preparing forms for UK and international patent and design applications
- Ability to self-manage
- Ability to prioritise workloads and meet deadlines
- Excellent organisational skills
- Proactive and independent worker
- Work well in a team
- Excellent written and verbal communicator
- Excellent problem solver
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- CIPA qualification would be advantages
- Inprotech experience would be advantageous
For more information about this opening, please contact Antony Setford for a confidential chat.
Alternatively, if this role does not sound right for you, please check our website or give or call us to hear about our other opportunities. If you are looking to develop your career further, needing salary advice or just fancy a chat about your future, we are here for you.
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Antony Setford at G2 Legal on 0207 649 9298 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.
PQE, years of experience and salary levels are shown purely as a guide. We will consider applications from candidates that can demonstrate the skills or experience required for this role.