Our client is a law firm based in Wokingham. Their accounts team provide advice and guidance on internal accounts procedures. They are looking for a team member who can deliver a proactive accounts service to our legal teams.
A legal cashier maintains the client and nominal ledgers, handles banking, raising cheques and maintaining petty cash.
Accuracy is important, as is the ability to work quickly and efficiently.
Knowledge of the Solicitors Accounts Rules is essential in this role.
Duties will include
- Processing electronic payments using on-line banking systems
- Allocation and posting of inward payments into bank accounts
- Office and client banking
- Office and client cheque posting & processing
- Allocation and posting of searches
- Posting of time and disbursement transfers and write offs
- Dealing with general queries and issues relating to accounts
- Opening/closing and administering designated deposit accounts
- General administration, scanning and filing
- Other accounts duties as required
Experience / Attributes required
- Knowledge and experience of Solicitors Accounts Rules
- Solid experience in a legal accounts team dealing with varied jobs
- Able to work under pressure at times and as part of a large team
- Experience of using on-line banking systems
- Able to deal with electronic payments, banking, and cheque production
- Banking & Direct Credits
- Processing Cheques
- Electronic payments & receipts
- Knowledge of SAR
If you are an experienced Legal Cashier who is keen to make a positive contribution to a growing department then apply for this role now!
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Gayle Woolf at G2 Legal on 01273 289000 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.
PQE, years of experience and salary levels are shown purely as a guide. We will consider applications from candidates that can demonstrate the skills or experience required for this role.