My client is a leading, top tier law firm based in Birmingham city centre and is now looking to recruit a junior defendant Personal Injury Solicitor to join its outstanding litigation services and dispute resolution group.
Within the litigation services and dispute resolution group, the firm combines various sub teams and in this particular role, you will join the firm’s insurance business solicitors representing a variety of blue-chip clients, insurers, intermediaries and self-insurers, advising on all matters of contention arising out of employer liability, public liability, property and motor liability claims.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is driven, hard-working with lots of ambition where your key duties will include but will not be limited to:
- Running your own caseload of files independently
- Dealing with clients and third parties in a professional manner, maintaining close and regular contact, as required
- Investigating the credibility of claims, always acting in the insurers best interest
- Dealing with RTA and EL/PL injury claims
- Defending a range of claims values from small to multi track, often including credit hire claims
- Carrying out legal research in relation to liability disputes, case law and technical areas of insurance law
- Maintaining good file management, including electronic and paper storage, archiving and filing
- Assisting the head of the team and, where necessary, other senior members to produce high quality legal services to clients on a broad range of defendant insurance work
- Assisting with monthly billing, all client specific billing and other related financial administration
- Taking telephone calls, handling queries and enquiries, where appropriate
- Photocopying, scanning and collating documentation
- Opening and closing files, as required
- Overseeing and managing the management information requirements for a key client
In order to be successful for this defendant Personal Injury role, you must have completed a training seat in defendant PI work or have experience working in a similar role, have a solid understanding of RTA and EL/PL claims, the ability to run your own caseload and experience of dealing with fast and multi-track claims.
The firm can offer flexible and agile working arrangements with the role being primarily based at its Birmingham office. However, there will be scope for some home working or blended working arrangements.
For further information, please contact Andrew Cookson or apply via the link enclosing your current CV.
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Andrew Cookson at G2 Legal on 0121 609 1069 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.
PQE, years of experience and salary levels are shown purely as a guide. We will consider applications from candidates that can demonstrate the skills or experience required for this role.