An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Legal Credit Controller to join a well-respected law firm based in the heart of Manchester City Centre. As a legal credit controller, you will be required to have previous credit control experience, ideally from a law firm. Previous MS Office experience, specifically Excel and Word, is required. Experience of Elite 3e practice management system would be advantageous.
The firm offer a competitive salary banding and excellent benefits package.
- Proactive chasing of clients, by telephone, email and letter, to ensure the prompt recovery of outstanding debt
- Arranging and attending monthly credit control meetings with assigned partners, including review of AR lock-up and outstanding debt, agreeing chase actions and next steps inline with agreed AR monthly targets
- Maintaining accurate and comprehensive records in relation to 3E Collections processes to deliver complete chase history for collection items as applicable
- Proactively and promptly dealing with and resolving client queries or questions as they arise
- Assisting with the administration of the credit control inbox, including answering queries, providing reports and information as relating to client requests
- Attending monthly Credit Control Team meeting to review prior month's AR performance, plus providing feedback and input to potential system or process enhancements
- Providing assistance in relation to quarterly debt provisioning process, including review, follow-up and update
- Proactively and promptly escalating issues or queries to Credit Control Manager and agreeing next steps
- Developing and enhancing client relationships with key strategic clients, to include monthly client calls in order to review debt and resolve queries
- Providing assistance and support to Credit Control Manager and Credit Control Team in relation to ad-hoc tasks as and when required
- Completing debt write-offs (when necessary), obtaining partner/management authorisation and updating documentation
- Timely production and dispatch of departmental and client reports as required
- Attending monthly practice area AR review meetings and delivering updates and feedback as applicable
- Liaising and assisting business support colleagues in relation to queries and various requests
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Gemma Taylor at G2 Legal on 0161 207 2000 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.
PQE, years of experience and salary levels are shown purely as a guide. We will consider applications from candidates that can demonstrate the skills or experience required for this role.