An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced fixed costs negotiator to join a well-respected Merseyside law firm within their Birkenhead office. You will be working within the firms Technical Costs Department – reviewing fixed costs files, considering, and making offers, negotiating settlement, preparing costs schedules, and negotiating costs, predominantly RTA.
- Manage a caseload of RTA Claimant fixed costs cases.
- Ensure that the quality of work produced is to the highest standard.
- Reviewing cost schedules/bills with a view to negotiating Claimant costs, generally disputed fixed costs cases, and settling costs files in a timely manner from cradle to grave.
- Negotiating settlement of costs and reporting terms of settlement.
- Preparing bills and/or replies to points of dispute.
- Drafting Part 8 Proceedings.
- Proceeding with matters to a Provisional Assessment.
- Dealing with third party solicitors and insurers on a day-to-day basis.
- Maintaining the highest client care standards.
- Administrative duties within the department.
You will be required to have at least 3 years handling experience in the costs/costs recovery. The firm are offering a competitive salary banding, flexible working hours and benefits package.
G2 Legal is a legal recruitment company recruiting in Merseyside. Visit our website for more jobs or contact Gemma Taylor on 0161 207 2000 today.
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Gemma Taylor at G2 Legal on 0161 207 2000 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.
PQE, years of experience and salary levels are shown purely as a guide. We will consider applications from candidates that can demonstrate the skills or experience required for this role.