A multi award winning law firm is currently looking to recruit an experienced Law Costs Draftsman to join the firm’s first class, specialist Costs department in Manchester City Centre. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is passionate about the work they do, the service they provide and getting the best results for their clients.
**The firm offers a mixture of office and home working, and a typical week would be 3 days from home and 2 days in the Manchester Office**
You will have previous law costs experience preparing detailed Bills of costs, statements, schedules and costs budgets to support the recovery of the claimant’s costs.
The firm is offering a competitive salary banding plus excellent benefits package, including a flexible, agile working environment, 25 days holiday allowance plus the option to purchase an extra 5 days, pension scheme, health cash plan, life assurance and income protection insurance.
- Preparing traditional and phased (precedent S) Bills, N260s and Costs Budgets (precedent H) to be passed to the negotiations and advocacy teams to negotiate settlement or litigate following the costs litigation process
- Ensuring all costs and disbursements are included in the bill, Schedule or budget
- Overseeing the Issuing of the Notice of Commencement and associated documentation where necessary
- Providing advice and guidance on complex costs cases, providing expertise in close call cases whilst meeting the internal quality and auditing checks to retain quality of process within the company code of conduct
- Ensuring financial targets are met
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Gemma Taylor at G2 Legal on 0161 207 2000 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.
PQE, years of experience and salary levels are shown purely as a guide. We will consider applications from candidates that can demonstrate the skills or experience required for this role.