An experienced Court of Protection paralegal is required to join a Manchester-based law firm to provide legal and administrative assistance to the CoP Deputies, to enable the senior fee earners to concentrate on other, more complex legal tasks, giving them support and assistance as above and when requested.
The role is a demanding one which requires initiative, enthusiasm, excellent organisational skills, attention to detail and determination to get the job done right first time.
Experience of court of protection is essential.
- Dealing directly with clients, their families and carers, Case Managers, other professionals and/or experts in person, on the telephone and by letter in order to assist in the smooth running of the CoP department
- Dealing with the OPG, other associated bodies, suppliers, HMRC and other persons as necessary on behalf of the clients; acting in the client’s best interests at all times
- Taking initiative and responsibility for preparing accounts (including monthly reconciliations), deputy reports, updating action plans, payment of invoices, updating schedules and budgets with factual information and billing on all client files assigned to you
- Ensuring information is prepared in a timely manner in readiness for client meetings
- Providing support to clients and dealing with enquiries in connection with their financial affairs, eg tax returns, budgets and financial schedules, Court applications, purchase and adaptation of property, care arrangements, therapies, insurances, household and other expenditure, benefits and community care entitlement as and when requested
- Preparing client care letters, costs letters and other client care documentation as per the firm’s office manual and OPG guidelines
- Typing correspondence, including letters, reports, emails and file notes etc
- Taking responsibility for managing your own workload and diary, ensuring that key dates are diarised, and any required action is undertaken in a timely manner
- Identifying and expediting urgent tasks
- Arranging meetings in relation to client files and ensuring that all documentation is prepared and readily available in good time before any meetings
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Gemma Taylor at G2 Legal on 0161 207 2000 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.
PQE, years of experience and salary levels are shown purely as a guide. We will consider applications from candidates that can demonstrate the skills or experience required for this role.