An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Assistant Accountant to join a leading international full service law firm in its Liverpool City Centre office. As a Assistant Accountant you will support sound financial discipline and control to deliver routine and periodic financial reporting.
Reporting directly to the Financial Accountant, based in Liverpool, you will work alongside another Assistant Accountant and will provide information and support to budget holders across the firm, as well as analysing financial data to support operational budget control and projects led by the Finance team.
The firm is offering a competitive salary banding and fantastic benefits package with flexible working from home and in the office.
You must have strong organisational skills and ability to appropriately prioritise and meet deadlines, attention to detail and compliance with financial controls and regulations, basic working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and training with a recognisable accounting body (AAT, ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent).
- Monthly review of fixed assets and capital expenditure, preparation of depreciation calculations
- Assisting with the preparation and posting of standard journals for accruals and prepayments
- Production of all nominal bills and reconciliation of sundry debtors and intercompany accounts
- Assisting with the preparation of periodic reporting including weekly time reports, monthly fee earner time statistics and cross resourcing reports
- Assisting with the preparation of annual budget and reforecast by providing and preparing necessary reports and templates
- Maintaining records to drive expenditure authorisation, review and budget holder groups
- Timely management of budget holder queries
- International accounting support
- Calculation and implementation of annual charge out rate changes and uploading and reviewing fee earner targets within Aderant
- Assisting with management of all special rates within Aderant, ensuring these are reviewed on an annual basis
- Dealing with ad hoc reporting on fees/debtors/WIP/time in Aderant back office, portal and SQL
- Partner and Senior Associate form preparation for Talent (annual)
- Quarterly PWC and Deloitte surveys
- Completion of National statistics returns (varying deadlines)
- Assisting the Financial Accountant with providing comprehensive responses to auditors
- Flexibility to provide support for Finance projects as they arise
- Routine review and update of Finance team organisational chart and advising IT of changes to the email group
G2 Legal is a legal recruitment company recruiting in Merseyside. Visit our website for more jobs or contact Gemma Taylor on 0161 207 2000 today.
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Gemma Taylor at G2 Legal on 0161 207 2000 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.
PQE, years of experience and salary levels are shown purely as a guide. We will consider applications from candidates that can demonstrate the skills or experience required for this role.