My client, a highly renowned law firm based in Coventry, is now looking to recruit an experienced law costs negotiator to join its growing department.
Within this costs negotiator role, you will negotiate costs on RTA/EL/PL matters pursuing the settlement of costs as soon as practically possible. You will be responsible for your own caseload using the firm’s in-house case management system, including timely and accurate maintenance of the system along with billing and management information – ensuring completeness of records in order to aid business decision making.
Other key duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Hitting chargeable hours, as discussed with Team Leader
- Delegation of tasks where available and appropriate to other members of the team
- Preparing points of dispute and considering replies
- Preparing Precedent Hs (Costs budgets) and Precedent Rs (Budget discussion reports)
- Reviewing files
- Identifying strengths and weaknesses and preparing a document to reflect this
- Preparing cost strategy reports
- Settling costs
- Dealing with correspondence and telephone calls
- Undertaking periodic reviews of files in line with Client requirements
- Updating reports
- Meeting agreed performance targets
- Providing written updates by email or letter to clients detailing case activity to ensure that they receive up to date and accurate information about progress when requested
- Instructing Counsel or Costs Lawyer to attend Detailed Assessment or alternatively conduct own advocacy
- Ensuring compliance with the SRA Code of Conduct 2019
In order to be considered for this costs negotiator role, you must have at least 12 months' experience working in a costs related role and excellent communication skills, along with experience of preparing points of dispute.
Click the apply now button to find out more!
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Andrew Cookson at G2 Legal on 0121 609 1069 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.
PQE, years of experience and salary levels are shown purely as a guide. We will consider applications from candidates that can demonstrate the skills or experience required for this role.