A new vacancy has arisen for an experienced Senior Law Costs Negotiator/Supervisor to join a well established law firm working within the disease department.
At supervision level you would be remotely supervising others that are based in the Disease costs team. The main purpose of the Lead Costs Handler within the Costs Team is to supervise, encourage, mentor and develop members of the team to their maximum potential, as well as to case handle on a reduced caseload of Disease matters up to £100K and to deal with claimant/defendant Budgeting while delivering market leading results.
**This role can be based in the firms Bolton office or working from home**
You will be required to have experience of supervising others with proven leadership, coaching and development skills, experience in all stages of the litigation process for detailed Assessment/Standard Costs, in all stages of Budgeting claimant/defendant and dealing with high-value and complex costs files and preparing Points of Dispute and considering Replies.
- Ensuring compliance with benchmarks set by the firm and by clients whilst driving settlement and ensuring quality of delivery
- Ensuring the adherence to, and creation of strategies of claims handling by individual claimant firms and CHOs (this includes meeting with the Director of Costs and Technical Director to articulate challenges faced and relevant successes)
- Technical development and supervision via competency framework
- Deliver personal caseload to required company standards and to the fulfilment of personal targets
- Preparing Precedent H’s (Costs budgets) and Precedent R’s (Budget discussion reports)
- Responsible for hitting daily chargeable target
- Maximising the personal development of team members, identifying training needs and assist the Team Leader in the creation of succession planning
- Providing an ‘environment’ where team members feel motivated and deliver excellence
- Ensuring compliance with the SRA Code of Conduct 2019
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Gemma Taylor at G2 Legal on 0161 207 2000 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.
PQE, years of experience and salary levels are shown purely as a guide. We will consider applications from candidates that can demonstrate the skills or experience required for this role.