An opportunity has opened up for an experienced Patent Secretary to join a leading IP firm based in Manchester.
This role will be to provide secretarial support to the Partner, fee earner and paralegal team. You will become a key member of the firm's support team, reporting to the Secretarial Manager. This role will include a range of different duties that will include administrative activities, assisting the patent team with its work, including but not limited to, liaising with the patent office. You will be working in collaboration with other team members to all aspects of patent cases the fee earners may be working on.
This is an opportunity that can offer the scope for the right professional to develop their career further, with a variety of courses that can be undertaken and the potential to take a more senior position.
- Taking dictations and hand written drafts are completed within
- Invoices to clients
- Liaising with the EPO and UKPO
- Reviewing any correspondence from patent offices
- Receiving incoming emails, noting instructions and relevant deadlines and saving to electronic files
- Booking any travel arrangements
- Receiving and passing on telephone messages
- To work in collaboration with other team members
- 2 years' experience working within a similar role within an IP firm
- A CIPA qualification would be advantageous but not essential
- Willing to be flexible
- Hard working, ability to adapt and a team player
- Previous experience working with the EPO and UKPO
- Demonstrate a good understanding of intellectual property matters and a desire to develop your career in this practice area
For more information regarding this opportunity contact Antony Setford at G2 Legal.
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Antony Setford at G2 Legal on 0207 649 9298 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.
PQE, years of experience and salary levels are shown purely as a guide. We will consider applications from candidates that can demonstrate the skills or experience required for this role.