A rare opportunity has arisen for an experienced HR Advisor to join an award-winning leading law firm in Liverpool City Centre. You will be required to have strong ER experience with influencing skills as this is a client facing role. You will be comfortable and experienced in managing a split team, as you will be also supporting the London office.
**The role is a maternity cover for 14 months**
You will be working within the Talent Advisory Team providing expert advice, guidance and support on the full range of HR services. The role will have a strong ER focus and will use data from the firm’s HR Information System (SWIFT HR) to provide advice and support to management on people decisions. The role will help with Business Services teams as well as supporting the Head of Talent Advisory on project work.
Employee Relations – 70%
- Providing expert advice, guidance and support to line managers and staff on HR issues including but not limited to employment policies, performance management, absence management, welfare issues, flexible working requests, disciplinary and grievance matters
- Seeking opportunities to implement efficiencies within HR and in particular to fully utilise HR systems
- Responsibility for effectiveness of new joiner, probation and leaver processes, including liaison with relevant colleagues and managers throughout the firm
- Managing investigations and supporting with hearings on disciplinary, capability and grievances policies as required
- Utilising Swift (HR system) to provide HR reports and management information that adds value to the firm
- Ongoing review of the firm’s policies and procedures, recommending and updating policies where appropriate, to ensure they are current and in line with best practice and statute
- Liaising with the firm's Occupational Health Advisors, referring cases as necessary and ensuring implementation of recommendations
- Liaising with the Talent Resourcing team on lateral partner hires and ensuring onboarding and induction are handled effectively
- authorising changes to payroll and sending appropriate notification to Reward & Benefits team and checking/signing off monthly payroll reports
- Any other duties commensurate with the role that may be assigned from time to time as reasonably required
Projects – 30%
- Supporting the appraisal process, including attending preparation meetings, appraisal meetings and following up on objectives
- Supporting the annual salary and bonus review process through collating market information, advising on market trends and making recommendations for salaries and bonuses
- Supporting the pulse engagement survey in relation to updating survey questions, issuing electronic survey, analysis and interpretation of results, monitoring of subsequent action
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Gemma Taylor at G2 Legal on 0161 207 2000 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.
PQE, years of experience and salary levels are shown purely as a guide. We will consider applications from candidates that can demonstrate the skills or experience required for this role.