A rare opportunity has arisen for an experienced Legal Administration Assistant to join a leading top tier law firm based in the heart of Newcastle on a part time basis 2 days per week.
You will be working within a busy department assisting with the day-to-day administration for the department and must have excellent communication skills both written and verbal along with computer skills. You must have previous administration/secretarial experience ideally from a legal background.
- Liaising with internal and external clients in a professional manner
- Liaising with PAs to provide support to Client & Marketing for scheduling tender meetings, directory interviews, client training
- Liaising with Practice Assistants to enter, maintain and update Interaction - adding new prospects, clients and contacts, activities and business development information
- Responsible for ensuring current knowledge of client specific protocols and processes, and building these into current practices Administrative
- File management – updating and maintaining all files, ensuring documents are filed correctly and named in line with the business wide naming convention and the correct folder structures are adopted (both electronic and paper)
- File opening and closing – matters are set up on the relevant document/case management system. Undertake all file closing/archiving procedures ensuring compliant at all times
- Assisting the Practice Assistants as directed in the organisation of internal and external events, seminars and conferences, (vulture) responsible for arranging registers delegates; booking travel; printing/sending materials; arranges give-aways
- Responsible for ordering all promotional goods and ensuring stock levels
- Make room and taxi bookings as requested, organising hand deliveries and courier requests, and other adhoc requests
- Printing/copying/scanning of documents flowing to document solutions for support with high volume jobs, as appropriate
- Liaising with fellow team members on workloads and ensure deadlines are consistently met
- Answering internal calls for other members of the team
- Liaising with and taking direction from your Hub Leader, Practice Assistants and Legal Services Assistants
- Assisting with billing
- Responsible for managing priorities and workloads to ensure deadlines are met - Liaising with Hub Leader/Legal Support Managers where challenges arise
- Responsible for creating and uploading information to client data rooms, in line with instructions from Lawyer, Practice Assistants and Legal Services Assistants
- Production of court bundles, both paper and electronic copies, ensuring the master bundle is correctly prepared in line with Lawyer instructions and court rules and instructions provided to central copy team to complete printing/copying of master bundles; suitable delivery methods pre-booked as needed
- Checking client and internal data for accuracy
- Ensuring compliance with firm wide/department policies and procedures
- Responsible for checking post and/or emails and dealing with as appropriate ensuring all client related correspondence is appropriately filed in firms document management systems
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Gemma Taylor at G2 Legal on 0161 207 2000 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.
PQE, years of experience and salary levels are shown purely as a guide. We will consider applications from candidates that can demonstrate the skills or experience required for this role.