Our client is a recognised full-service law firm based in Reading. The practice is seeking to appoint an experienced Legal Assistant Paralegal to support the Private Client & Conveyancing team.
The department deals with an array of matters, including drafting complex and simple wills, lasting powers of attorney, court of protection work and the administration of estates and trusts.
The role will involve 3 days supporting the Private Client fee earner and 2 days a week supporting the Conveyancing team to ensure the practice operates smoothly and efficiently.
Your duties will include:
- file-opening/closing, and other compliance routines
- taking and making client and other telephone calls
- using bespoke software to assist with document preparation, including Wills and Powers of Attorney, estate and trust accounts
- drafting letters
- preparing SDLT Returns and submitting the same to HMRC
- requesting online searches and completing various search forms on the computerised system
- processing Land Registry applications
Previous Private Client/Conveyancing Paralegal experience is essential in order to be considered.
The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated team player with:
- an eye for detail and a meticulous approach
- great communication skills and an ability to work well with others
- the ability to work under time constraints and prioritise workload
- the ability to handle sensitive matters discreetly
- good organisation skills with a methodical approach
- an ability to deliver excellent service to clients and colleagues
- excellent IT skills, including Word and Excel
In return for your hard work and dedication, the firm pays a competitive salary £25,000 - £,28000 + benefits package.
To apply for this position, please contact Gayle Woolf at G2 Legal.
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Gayle Woolf at G2 Legal on 01273 289000 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.
PQE, years of experience and salary levels are shown purely as a guide. We will consider applications from candidates that can demonstrate the skills or experience required for this role.