A rare opportunity has arisen for an experienced Senior Legal Cashier to join a small Manchester City Centre Personal Injury law firm as a sole legal cashier. You will be working closely with the managing director, dealing with the full legal accounts on a daily basis.
You must have previous experience working as a legal cashier and be confident in working as a sole legal cashier.
- Undertake daily banking functions including bank reconciliations
- Processing of client and office accounting transactions including postings and cheque production.
- Ensure all cheques are written on correct amounts and Client Account is never allowed to overdraw
- The processing of client bills to include checking and posting
- Input and production of nominal cheque requests
- Assist processing automatic and manual payments runs by BACS and cheque
- Assist processing of bank transfers
- Perform month end procedures
- VAT and administration and returns
- Processing of travel and other expenses
- Money laundering checks as required
- Deal with enquiries from fee earners and other staff members
- Deal with enquiries and payments from clients and third party companies
- Administration and reconciliation of petty cash (where appropriate)
- Support the operation of the departments credit control system
- Support the operation of the practices accounting systems and PAYE scheme
- Ensure all authorised invoices are dealt with in a timely manner
- Ensure that all closed accounts are authorised and that nil balances are achieved before archiving
- Manage own work allocation, productivity and quality of work with minimum supervision
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Gemma Taylor at G2 Legal on 0161 207 2000 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.
PQE, years of experience and salary levels are shown purely as a guide. We will consider applications from candidates that can demonstrate the skills or experience required for this role.