A rare opportunity has arisen for an experienced Legal Head of Operations to join a well-established Manchester City Centre law firm within the collective actions side of the business, working alongside the Head of Practice. You will have a proven track record in leading business transformation and process optimisation within the legal industry, with experience of delivering, working with and maximising the use of technology.
The firm offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits package.
- Maximising service and end to end process efficiency, driving annualised cost savings
- Identifying all the technology needs of the practice and finding the most efficient solutions
- Ensure the necessary technology platform is available to sign up customers, and managing cases to conclusion
- Working alongside the HoP and CDO to lead the strategic development of CA
- Constantly identifying key improvements in the unit to ensure that work is carried out consistently in a disciplined, repeatable, scalable and timely manner
- Ensuring that marketing is providing the necessary support and insight to maximise customer sign up and retention
- Helping to recruit and build and a high performing team in conjunction with HoP
- Maintaining strong relationships with Heads of Practice and other business areas to ensure alignment of purpose and sharing of best practice
- Being the primary driver of continuous improvement within CA to continue to meet and exceed customer expectations of the service offering
- Providing the correct platform for colleagues within CA to innovate and propose new ways of working to improve customer outcomes
- Overseeing and managing the use of business information within CA to drive higher levels of performance and understand gaps in attainment
- Managing a robust method of knowledge sharing throughout CA to ensure that best practice can be used to build and maintain consistency and standardisation across practice areas
- On target reduction in average case acquisition and management cost across all areas of CA
- Developing and implementing a fully standardised CA delivery model, minimising discretion and variation Conversion, billing and cash management targets met through the establishment and continuous improvement of robust enabling processes Timely delivery of the practice’s technology needs, including having available a market leading technology platform to have an optimised book build and case management process
- Identifying efficiencies on individual project level, to be delivered through the right combination of technology, lawyers, supervision and support staff
- Cost of acquisition of customers and customer lead conversion
- CA operating within risk appetite, supported by robust risk management processes Colleague engagement levels and other high performing team metrics
- Understanding of marketing, preferably in the context of provision of legal services
- Experience in managing complex projects from start to finish in a fast paced, remote business environment
- In-depth knowledge of Legal services
- Ability to partner with multiple stakeholders across the business and externally
- Experience of managing people
- Influencing skills in order to push and normalise changing ways of working and building teams
- Ability to quickly understand complex systems and develop ways of improving digital platforms
- Understanding of risk within a regulated environment and experience of risk management
G2 Legal is a legal recruitment company recruiting in Greater Manchester. Visit our website for more jobs or contact Gemma Taylor on 0161 207 2000 today.
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Gemma Taylor at G2 Legal on 0161 207 2000 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.
PQE, years of experience and salary levels are shown purely as a guide. We will consider applications from candidates that can demonstrate the skills or experience required for this role.