An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Compliance Solicitor to join a multi service law firm with a loyal and growing national and international client base in Manchester.
This is a unique opportunity to join our professional, modern law firm with huge scope for progression.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the successful identification and management of the firm's regulatory compliance and professional risks with a focus on evaluating the firm's compliance with the SRA Handbook, other relevant regulations and legislation.
- Work with the Legal Director to manage the firm's risk and incident registers and assist in specific investigations as appropriate
- Identifying and analysing risks and assess if the firm's internal compliance controls and policies are operating effectively and recommending ways to strengthen that internal risk structure
- Provide support, education and training to build risk awareness within the firm
- Prepare regular reports of all trends and issues and coordinating the file review process and key dates process
- Regularly review the compliance policies and procedures, ensuring compliance
- Management of the firm's quality accreditations
- Raise awareness of emerging compliance issues and related policies and procedures
- Undertake regular audits on all legal departments
- Monitor and consider the impact of regulatory and legislative changes to identify gaps in the firm's compliance knowledge and address those gaps
- Design or implement improvements in communication, monitoring, or enforcement of compliance standards
- Assist with complaints handling and ensuring timely responses are issued
- Provide input into business and strategic decisions from a compliance perspective
- Proactive approach to risk and compliance support to internal projects, such as the development of new IT systems, to ensure that regulatory responsibilities are met
- A minimum of three years' post qualification experience in managing risk and compliance within a legal environment
- Detailed knowledge and experience of the SRA and the regulatory framework and associated rules and legislation including relevant accreditations
- Proven ability to build confidence, respect and credibility with colleagues and to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Strong analytical skills with a pragmatic "problem-solving" approach
- Strong influencing skills
- The confidence to take responsibility and work independently while keeping others informed of progress and escalating issues where appropriate
G2 Legal is a legal recruitment company recruiting in Greater Manchester. Visit our website for more jobs or contact Gemma Taylor on 0161 207 2000 today.
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Gemma Taylor at G2 Legal on 0161 207 2000 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.
PQE, years of experience and salary levels are shown purely as a guide. We will consider applications from candidates that can demonstrate the skills or experience required for this role.