Our client is a top tier, full service law firm in Thames Valley. The firm's office in Reading is seeking a Court of Protection Paralegal to support its expanding team.
The practice group deals with a complete range of Court of Protection matters within the Clinical Negligence Department.
The Court of Protection team deal with:
- High value deputyships and private trust work
- Preparing all types of applications to the COP, assisting in the purchase of properties and adapting them for the needs of the client
- Controlling and monitoring clients’ budgets
- Liaising with case managers, doctors, therapists, care teams, surveyors, architects, and other specialists, supervising tax affairs and accounts, liaising with IFAs, running trustee meetings, and preparing trustee resolutions
- Drafting personal injury trusts
- Supervising more junior members of staff, and proactive marketing to secure further work for the COP team
To be considered for this Court of Protection Paralegal role, you should have a genuine interest in Private Client work. The Court of Protection (COP) team works closely with the Clinical Negligence group. You will assist the team with high value deputyships and private trust work.
Your duties will include:
- Preparing applications to the COP
- Assisting in the purchase of properties and adapting them for the needs of the client
- Monitoring clients’ budgets liaising with other professionals
- Maintaining accurate financial records and accounts
In return, the firm offer a genuine career path for the successful candidate, offering excellent remuneration and a benefits package.
To apply for this Court of Protection Paralegal position based in Reading, please apply now, or contact Gayle Woolf at G2 Legal.
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Gayle Woolf at G2 Legal on 01273 289000 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.
PQE, years of experience and salary levels are shown purely as a guide. We will consider applications from candidates that can demonstrate the skills or experience required for this role.