An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced procurement manager to join a leading international law firm based in the heart of Liverpool City Centre. You will be joining the team to streamline the firm's procurement and contracting process, as well as to help design and implement a new contract management system.
You must have excellent computer skills along with, ideally, experience of establishing and/or managing a procurement process in a professional services environment entry, and a law degree.
My client is looking for an enthusiastic individual who can focus on managing the lifecycle of the Firm's UK supplier contracts. You will report to the Senior Legal Counsel and General Counsel as well as interacting with the IT team. The role is split into the initial set up and implementation of the contract management system and thereafter then ongoing delivery of service.
Duties – the Contract Management System Set Up:
- Liaise with the relevant internal teams to finalise the system design of the new contract management system (High Q)
- Assist with creating template(s) in order to capture the relevant information for managing the supply chain contracts and basic details of the same
- Work with various business service teams across the Firm to ensure that all current contracts are identified and captured within the system
- Manage the download of the contracts to the system
- Oversee and complete all data entry required by agreed form template(s)
- Assist with developing a process for how the contract lifecycle is then maintained, tracked and communicated to the relevant business service teams, ie alerts for expiry/renewal/extension dates/key change dates/notice triggers
Duties – Delivery/Ongoing Procurement Management:
- Liaise with the legal team, business service team representatives and any other relevant "in house" stakeholders to understand the key requirements and associated timelines for implementing, renewing and terminating a supplier contract
- Provide practical advice on the operational aspects of the procurement process
- Coordinate and delegate tasks to the relevant service areas to ensure deliverables to settling and signing up contracts are met
- Be responsible for the ongoing maintenance of the contract management system, the contract lifecycle processes, templates and intranet links
- Give and support the ongoing training programmes for the business service teams to ensure an ongoing consistency of application of the procurement systems and disciplines
G2 Legal is a legal recruitment company recruiting in Merseyside. Visit our website for more jobs or contact Gemma Taylor on 0161 207 2000 today.
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Gemma Taylor at G2 Legal on 0161 207 2000 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.
PQE, years of experience and salary levels are shown purely as a guide. We will consider applications from candidates that can demonstrate the skills or experience required for this role.