An exciting opportunity to join a well established top tier European Firm with a growing Team in Munich. The firm have recently moved to a central prime location in Munich. The firm seek an experienced IP administrator to help support a new growing team.
Munich (Trade Mark) Administrator
- Attend to daily administration requests for the Fee Earner such as faxes, electronic file uploads, file management, scanning and photocopying
- Provide secretarial support including generating standard letters (to clients and trade mark offices), PowerPoint presentations, creating client facing bills and processing internal expenses
- Review and distribute incoming post and faxes (including scanning, saving, forwarding, etc.) and identify secretarial work
- Electronic file opening, conflict checks, preparing physical files and evidence material (if required)
- Diary docketing on bespoke database (Inprotech) and maintaining the Fee Earners diaries
- Assist the Fee Earners in managing their diaries which includes booking appointments and maintaining an awareness of their availability, schedule and location
- Provide assistance when a Fee Earner is out of the office which includes taking messages, checking their e-mails, actioning tasks where appropriate and referring any tasks requiring urgent attention to another Fee Earner to be dealt with
- Organise and plan meetings and business trips (including INTA), make travel arrangements for Fee Earners including booking travel and accommodation and collating travel itinerary information
- Process expense forms of Fee Earners after trips
- Calculate and prepare client invoices, including debit and credit notes (together with UK team) and keeping an overview of outside counsel invoices
- Prepare translations of texts from English to German and vice versa
- Create and organize information and support evidence gathering for Fee Earners
Office Management Assistance
- Meet and greet clients, visiting Fee Earners and other visitors, ensure meeting rooms are in good order and set up with the appropriate facilities/equipment required prior to meetings & coordinate booking
- Act as the first point of contact for all Munich office operational needs and liaising with internal and external parties to resolve any Munich office operational issues
- Work in collaboration with the UK Operations teams (Business Development, Finance, IP Support, IT, HR and Facilities) and maintain regular and timely interoffice communication which includes the reporting of key correspondence and keeping Heads of Operations informed
- Procure office supplies required for the Munich office in line with budgets set and report expenditure against budget
- Other ad hoc tasks in connection to internal Trade Mark/Patent department meetings associated with Munich
This job description describes the principal purpose and main elements of the job. It is a guide to the nature and main duties of the job as they exist currently, but it is not intended as a wholly comprehensive or permanent schedule and it is not part of the contract of employment.
Person Specification (Expectations)
- Knowledge of and proven practical experience as Personal Assistant or Team Assistant, or in a similar position (e.g. Fremdsprachenassistent(in), Fremdsprachenkorrespondent(in), etc.) in a commercial or IP law firm, ideally 3-5 years plus
- Excellent German language skills plus proven high level of English language skills (both written and spoken) – about 70% of daily communication is in English
- Experience of working abroad or in an international/English speaking environment would be a plus
- Strong attention to detail and take pride in producing high quality work
- Experience of using PowerPoint, Excel and Word as well as a IP Database (ideally Inprotech)
- Hands-on approach and organizational talent, taking on responsibility for projects
- Team player
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Lee Townsend at G2 Legal on 0207 649 9298 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.
PQE, years of experience and salary levels are shown purely as a guide. We will consider applications from candidates that can demonstrate the skills or experience required for this role.