An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Senior Legal Cashier to join an award-winning law firm in Southport. You will be working within a team of legal cashiers in a high-volume residential conveyancing environment providing a high quality and timely vital service to the business. You will deal with various accounting duties in accordance with the CLC Accounts Code.
- Dealing with all financial queries received from the legal teams
- Raising Bills and Credit Notes to clients
- Ensuring all aged debtors and aged disbursements are kept up to date and under control for all allocated teams
- Reporting any breach of The CLC Accounts Code or company policy immediately to the HOFA or LCM
- Reviewing client account ledgers to ensure sufficient cleared funds are held for the benefit of the recipient before processing any payment instruction
- Mentoring trainee members of the legal cashier team to aid their progression and share knowledge and experiences
- Mentoring and assisting Legal Cashiers with more complex tasks with a view to payments leaving the account to ensure accuracy and understanding
- Identifying, monitoring and achieving targets on a daily basis
- Any other duties reasonably required
- Reviewing incoming funds are on the correct ledgers ensuring full compliance with the CLC Accounts code and AML Regulations as well as companies policy and the CML in relation to funds received from a third party, companies and gift payments
- Ensuring full compliance with all companies policies at all times and raising any issues to the relevant parties
- Ensuring sufficient financial documentation has been received to identify and confirm the accuracy of any completion payments required and give guidance if inaccurate
- Giving guidance and advice to the legal teams in relation to their finances and ensuring they balance correctly before allowing the financial transaction to proceed at completion stage or previous to that stated
G2 Legal is a legal recruitment company recruiting in Merseyside. Visit our website for more jobs or contact Gemma Taylor on 0161 207 2000 today.
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Gemma Taylor at G2 Legal on 0161 207 2000 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.
PQE, years of experience and salary levels are shown purely as a guide. We will consider applications from candidates that can demonstrate the skills or experience required for this role.