A leading Manchester law firm are currently looking to recruit a law costs draftsman/solicitor to join their growing team on a full time basis.
As a firm they are fully committed to nurturing and growing talent, and part of that is recognising the results of an individual’s work and rewarding high performance. Progression isn’t just limited to qualification. Many people within Costs have had the opportunity to get promoted into management and operational positions and/or develop as technical specialists.
The work will cover a variety of claims for costs including a mixture of personal injury claims including motor, casualty and catastrophic injury.
You will be required to have previous costs experience dealing with costs management, fixed costs, paying party and receiving party with previous experience of costs negotiation dealing with costs recovery and/or adverse costs.
- To run and manage a caseload of costs files including drafting and negotiating budgets and preparation/consideration of associated documents, drafting and consideration of bills including e-bills and summary of costs statements, drafting of points of dispute and general costs negotiations, advising clients
- To ensure that all cases are dealt with in compliance with Solicitors’ Accounts Rules and Law Society Practice Management Standards
- To ensure effective case management, compliance with internal and external service standard requirements
- To ensure the production of high quality work on own files and any other files where assistance or cover is provided
- To attend court on costs hearings
- To liaise with clients as appropriate
- To assist partners and senior fee earners with complex cases
G2 Legal is a legal recruitment company recruiting in Greater Manchester. Visit our website for more jobs or contact Gemma Taylor on 0161 207 2000 today.
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Gemma Taylor at G2 Legal on 0161 207 2000 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.
PQE, years of experience and salary levels are shown purely as a guide. We will consider applications from candidates that can demonstrate the skills or experience required for this role.