A leading award-winning law firm based in the heart of Liverpool City Centre is currently looking to recruit an experienced Information Officer (Research). You will provide a tailored and in-depth business and legal research service to internal clients. You will be required to have extensive knowledge of information systems and external research databases, and be able to utilise and analyse the resulting information to provide customised information and reports on clients, sectors and other topics.
The firm has a fantastic reputation within the legal industry, offering competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package.
This role will have primary responsibility for either client data or collection development.
Client data: The Client Data Management team is made up of individuals across Business Services. This team is responsible for managing and enhancing client data to broaden the financial reporting capabilities for the business.
Collection development: The Information Officer will actively communicate with colleagues across the organisation to ensure hard copy collection requirements are met and within budget, and to develop a deep understanding of the business to deliver decision-ready information to clients.
- Provide detailed and tailored analysis and information summaries on clients, sectors, geographies and topics
- Promote, advise and assist with legal and business current awareness to support the legal practices, clients and the firm's strategy, suggesting appropriate alerts and curating searches
- Act as a trusted advisor to the business, building relationships with key stakeholders/internal clients
- Liaise and actively question internal clients to ascertain information requirements and agree deadlines, maintaining and updating team workflow records to reflect current status
- Work collaboratively with team members to manage enquiry workflow, ensuring work is delivered to deadline, accurate, tailored to the enquiry, and has a consistent approach
- Utilise and promote internal data, subscription databases and publicly available sources for research and analysis and the benefit of the business
- Provide legal research and resource recommendations to fee earners, including case law, legislation and points of law enquires
- Deliver information in the appropriate format and application, creating and adapting templates as appropriate
- Provide guidance to others conducting basic research in the business
- Manage the regular process of enhancing our corporate client inceptions using a combination of information from a third-party information provider, (Orbis), and own judgement, including allocating sectors to clients, and grouping them based on ownership information
- Work closely with the Finance team to ensure correct client data is imported and displayed
- Maintain and suggest improvements to streamline processes and adapt best practice documentation
- Work closely with the Finance team to deliver full and half year sector financials to sector leaders and Business Development
- Assess and suggest improvements to the presentation of client data to the wider business
- Assess client group structures in Finance system against corporate ownership structure in Orbis, suggesting changes to client partners and implementing with Finance as appropriate
- Take lead in ad hoc client data related projects
- Regularly review publication lists in reference to existing collection(s)
- Place orders with suppliers and catalogue materials consistently using the firm's classifications in the LMS
- Work with the KBI Administrator to ensure out of date materials are archived/labelled appropriately
- Use knowledge of hard copy and online resources to advise on collections
- Assess information resources to ensure they are providing value to the business
- Manage journal subscription procurement, including LMS records and renewal surveys, with support from the KBI Administrator
- Manage invoice payment process for KBI resources, allocating to appropriate budget codes and accurately updating in KBI budget
- Ensure all invoices are received and processed in a timely manner
- Support the Business Intelligence Manager with the procurement and renewal processes of KBI resources
G2 Legal is a legal recruitment company recruiting in Merseyside. Visit our website for more jobs or contact Gemma Taylor on 0161 207 2000 today.
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Gemma Taylor at G2 Legal on 0161 207 2000 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.
PQE, years of experience and salary levels are shown purely as a guide. We will consider applications from candidates that can demonstrate the skills or experience required for this role.