An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Insurance Technical Manager to join a leading Liverpool law firm within the claims department. You will be required to have knowledge of end-to-end claims handling, and CII qualification is preferred. A strong understanding of insurance protocol including indemnity, liability, fraud, RTA Insurer, Article 75, FCA, TCF is also required, along with customer service and relevant areas of regulation and/or statutory legislation affecting the industry experience.
The firm is offering a competitive salary banding, an excellent benefits package and agile working.
- Ensuring technical competency of claims staff
- Ensuring robust records to meet FCA requirements, supporting competency levels as well as succession planning
- Ensuring claims handling guides adhere to Business Philosophies and Standards as well as clients' P&S
- Ensuring that all process maps are up to date and bespoke for each client
- Providing technical material and working with the training team on delivery of core subjects
- Working with the quality team to ensure technical audits are completed to the correct level
- Ensuring that TNA is completed and robust technical training plans are in place
- Supporting staff through professional qualifications, providing technical support as necessary
- Contributing for business fraud strategy and training requirements
- Overview of technical personal development plans to maximise handlers' performance, working in conjunction with team managers
- Questioning and challenging peers/managers where processes and procedures do not meet client expectations, and any activity that does not place customers' interests at the heart of how the firm does business
- Analysing data and predicting trends, providing recommendations to ensure no disruption to services, as well as making recommendations on improvements to performance
- Ensuring data is disseminated across teams so team/individual performance is understood
- Leading by example and instilling confidence by remaining respectful at all times and demonstrating impartiality, sensitivity and using diplomacy when dealing with interpersonal or work-related issues
- Fostering and building great relationships with cross functional teams to ensure overall success
- Driving your own development by actively seeking development opportunities
- Keeping up to date with developments in the insurance industry/legal industry
- Ensuring customers and the business are kept safe through team compliance to all procedural and regulatory legislation as required by FCA/SRA
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Gemma Taylor at G2 Legal on 0161 207 2000 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.
PQE, years of experience and salary levels are shown purely as a guide. We will consider applications from candidates that can demonstrate the skills or experience required for this role.