A leading Kent based multi-service law firm are currently looking to recruit an experienced Legal Cashier (2+ years experience) to join their legal accounts department on a 4 month initial fixed term contract basis. You will be required to be fully compliant with the solicitor’s accounts rules - this is essential. You will be working within a team, reporting directly to the Accounts Manager.
Duties will include:
- Liaising with the firm’s bank in connection with incoming and outgoing chaps payment
- Preparation of daily office and client account banking
- Issue of payments from both client and office accounts when requested
- Purchase Ledger
- Issue of petty cash monies as and when requested
- Ensure that all client to office transfers are carried out
- Answer internal and external accounts queries
- Posting all receipts to the appropriate ledgers on the same day
- Checking of bills for most departments and to post the same ensuring fee earners are allocated their relevant costs
- Posting of facsimile and photocopying, Companies House and Land Registry charges to the correct ledgers on a daily basis
- Assist with month end and any other duties as required by the Accounts Manager
In order to apply for this role, you must have accounts experience within the legal industry, otherwise your application will not be considered.
Apply now online, or for an initial, confidential discussion contact Chris Rodriguez at G2 Legal.
G2 Legal is a legal recruitment company recruiting in Kent. Visit our website for more jobs or contact Chris Rodriguez on 01273 289000 today.
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Chris Rodriguez at G2 Legal on 01273 289000 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.
PQE, years of experience and salary levels are shown purely as a guide. We will consider applications from candidates that can demonstrate the skills or experience required for this role.