An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced credit controller to join a Manchester city centre based law firm.
This is a hands on processing role which would suit a competent legal cashier who is able to develop credit control skills or, alternatively, an individual with a credit control background and a good understanding of the Solicitors Accounts Rules.
Responsibilities for this legal cashier role in Manchester will include:
- reading and understanding client ledgers
- ensuring that precise records are posted to the database and that the diary system is fully utilised
- allocating bill/disbursements payments in an accurate and timely manner
- understanding and managing credit control processes
- chasing clients for overdue bills via telephone, email and letter
- ensuring that clients pay within the appropriate timescales in order that monthly cash targets are met
- dealing with clients and internal queries relating to bills and client ledgers
- liaising with partners, fee earners and secretaries on a regular basis regarding aged debt positions
- an understanding of double entry booking keeping or experience of accounts processing
- a confident telephone manner
- the ability to understand and manage credit control processes
- the ability to work in a team and individually
- excellent organisational skills
- sound decision-making
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- a good attention to detail
- the ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- competent use of Microsoft packages especially excel
At G2 Legal we have a wide range of positions open at legal firms around the UK. Visit our website to view them or contact Gemma Taylor on 0161 207 2000 to find out more.
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Gemma Taylor at G2 Legal on 0161 207 2000 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.
PQE, years of experience and salary levels are shown purely as a guide. We will consider applications from candidates that can demonstrate the skills or experience required for this role.