An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced law costs draftsman to join a Top Tier 200 Law firm based in Manchester. You will be required to have 1 to 3 years’ experience working either in-house or for an external supplier of costs drafting services.
You will have experience of preparing bills and supplementary documents for detailed assessment on the fast track & multi-track cases. Budgeting experience is not needed as we will provide full training on budget drafting.
This is an exciting opportunity for a junior law costs draftsperson to get more detailed experience, with a higher value work and a wide range of areas.
The role is based in Manchester also offers excellent career development prospects for the right candidate, as the firm offers training contracts or support through the ACL qualification for those candidates who prove themselves.
- Supporting costs case handlers with a full range of drafting requirements.
- Drafting formal bills for Detailed Assessment
- Drafting N260 statements of costs
- Preparing risk assessments
- Assisting with drafting Budgets.
- 1 to 3 years' personal injury claimant costs experience
- Completion of a legal qualification (LLB, GDL, LPC)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Drafting skills associated with completing Precedent H, R and Q and finalising formal bills
- Experience of working to target
- You will have a flexible approach and be able to respond to rapid changes in working schedules and priorities. For this, you will need to be organised and able to communicate clearly with people at all levels
- Applicants should be committed and hardworking individuals who enjoy operating in a pressurised and highly motivated team environment. You will be able to demonstrate the ability to work on your initiative with the minimum of supervision
- Knowledge of time recording procedures
- Working knowledge of the Civil Procedures Rules and Detailed Assessment process.
At G2 Legal we have a wide range of positions open at legal firms around the UK. Visit our website to view them or contact Gemma Taylor on 0161 207 2000 to find out more.
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Gemma Taylor at G2 Legal on 0161 207 2000 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.
PQE, years of experience and salary levels are shown purely as a guide. We will consider applications from candidates that can demonstrate the skills or experience required for this role.