An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced fixed costs negotiator to join a well respected Merseyside law firm within its Birkenhead office. You will be working within the firm's Technical Costs Department – reviewing fixed costs files, considering and making offers, negotiating settlement, preparing costs schedules and negotiating costs, predominantly RTA.
You will be required to have at least 3 years’ handling experience in the costs/costs recovery. The firm is based in Birkenhead and is offering a competitive salary banding, flexible working hours and benefits package.
As fixed costs negotiator, your duties will include:
- reviewing and negotiating costs and bringing cases to conclusion in a timely manner
- drafting N260 costs schedules, replies and part 8 proceedings when necessary
- liaising with fee earners and management
- providing assistance to other team members as and when required
- managing a caseload of RTA Claimant fixed costs cases
- ensuring that the quality of work produced is to the highest standard
- reviewing cost schedules/bills with a view to negotiating claimants costs, generally disputed fixed costs cases, and settling costs files in a timely manner from cradle to grave
- negotiating settlement of costs and reporting terms of settlement
- preparing bills and/or replies to points of dispute
- drafting part 8 proceedings
- proceeding with matters to a provisional assessment
- dealing with third party solicitors and insurers on a day to day basis
- maintaining the highest standards of client care
- handling administrative duties within the department
At G2 Legal we have a wide range of positions open at legal firms around the UK. Visit our website to view them or contact Gemma Taylor on 0161 207 2000 to find out more.
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Gemma Taylor at G2 Legal on 0161 207 2000 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.
PQE, years of experience and salary levels are shown purely as a guide. We will consider applications from candidates that can demonstrate the skills or experience required for this role.